What should I pack?
- Valid passport and $12 USD entrance fee
- Extra cash – USD as you can exchange money here. You can also withdraw money at the airport
- Small backpack for day trips
- Board shorts or comfortable bikini – make sure your swimwear is well fitted and won’t come off in the surf
- Rash guard – we provide rash guards but it is best to bring your own to ensure a more comfortable fit
- Sunblock and zinc – the best you can find!
- Insect repellant
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Light long pants
- Light long sleeve shirt
- One pair of sneakers or walking boots for outdoor activities
- Evening attire – bring along an outfit for going out in case you want to hit the nightlife
- Comfortable clothes for doing yoga
- Any medication you may require
- A good book for down time
- Basic first aid (Band-Aids, gauze, Aspirin, Neosporin, Imodium, anti-allergy)
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner – we highly recommend you bring all natural products if possible as our water ultimately runs back in to the ground water
- Water bottle – clean filtered water is always available and having your own bottle will reduce our use of cups and plastic bottles.
- USB or hard drive to store photos and videos we will take during your visit. Please ensure it is compatible with Macs
- If you have space in your bags then we are always looking for donations for the local pre-school or our partner organiziation Waves of Hope. Things like old clothes, baseball equipment, footballs are all great
- Please note that there is no Wi-Fi at the camp, but most carriers have a strong internet/phone signal
Are all taxes included in the price?
What kind of electrical outlets are in the rooms?
- The electrical outlets in the rooms are US and run on 110v.
Is Nicaragua a safe country?
- You will be happy to know Nicaragua is the safest country in Central America and in addition the location of Rise Up Surf Nicaragua is peaceful and completely safe.
What are the entry and exit requirements for Nicaragua?
- Upon entering Nicaragua you will be charged a $12 USD fee for a tourist card that is valid for 3 months. This tourist card is available for citizens of most countries around the world. In addition it is required you have a passport that is valid for more than six months.
- Please check with the embassy in your home country if you have any doubts.
Do you recommend gratuity or tip?
- Yes, 10-15%